Friendships
FRIENDS. I find that I don't put very many people in my life in that catagory. I have more aquantances than friends. A friend, to me, is someone I have come to believe is someone I can trust. Someone, who will be there for me, highs and lows. (hopefully more highs than lows). Someone, who'll talk, laugh with me, shop with me, bake with me, work with me, not make fun of me, unless it's with me. Someone I can confide in, etc, etc. And of course it's someone I'm willing to do the same for. The thing, is I usually have expressed these issues to my friends, in some way, shape or form, because they seem to have the same beliefs. Sounds good right. Yea, until they can't seem to fit you into their lives anymore. I'm not saying that they don't consider you a friend anymore, but, now, because life is what it is, they just can't or won't make time for you. And that hurts. I'm not saying that I've never done that, because I have, and that's why I know it hurts. So, I learned my lesson, somewhat, because some of the friends I've lost contact with I still haven't gotten the courage together to find them again. Anyway, I hate the thought that all in all it seems like you only have you to count on. I know that's true, but I don't want it to be. I want to have those people in my life that I can trust and count on. I want to be able to call someone up and say I'm moving come and help, and they'll be there, crying as they help, but still there. Someone, who'll just talk to you because you're lonely and you need a laugh. Someone, who you've worked with for a long period of time and have gotten to know, but now your job has changed and you can't be there like you used to be, but, when you are there, they'll want to be with you. These, to me, are the friends that I want. Sometimes, I feel as if I have friends that only remeber me when they need something or want something. What kind of friends do you want? What kind of friends do you have?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home