Do you know yourself?
Do you know yourself? I thought I knew myself pretty well, but guess what, I realized that I didn't. Do we ever get to really know ourselves? Or is it something we do our entire lives? Well, maybe we should do that, but, do we really? Or do we just go on with our lives and wherever it brings us. And, only when it's too late do we sit back and look. But, all of those things we did and didn't do in situations make us who we are. So, maybe we should just let life bring us here or there? No. I don't totally believe that. I think we have to do a combination of both. I guess treat each situation as it comes our way. But, shouldn't we have a base to stand on? Something to reach for? Something to work off of or from?
How many times have you heard people say things like, "If only I...", or something of the sort? I've heard it from time to time. I've used it from time to time. Doesn't it make sense though, if we knew ourselves, then we wouldn't say those things?
How do we get to know ourselves though?
Some people say I think too much, maybe I do. But I think that's how we get to know ourselves, by remembering what and how we handled situations in the past. Some people say that the past is the past, and that's where it should stay. I think we have to learn from the past in order for us to move on, or we end up making the same decisions, and those decisions may or may not have been the best choices.
They say hind sight is 20/20, and I think we've all experianced that fact, but shouldn't that also help us for the future?
Basically, I guess we have to decide on what we like and dislike, cross our fingures, take a deep breath and march head first with eyes wide open. Good luck to all, and above all be true to yourself. Know yourself before you march on in.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home